Ministry of Education (MOE) Approval
Ministry of Education Approval (MOE Approval)
MOE approval is a ministry requirement that allows students to be enrolled in ISG. MOE approval is required for all students (KG-G12), except US nationals.
To enrol your child in school in Saudi Arabia, it is necessary to first gain approval from the Kingdom of Saudi Arabia Ministry of Education (MoE). DEMS cannot enrol students on a visit or business visa (we can assess students on a visit visa). To complete enrolment in DEMS, please submit the following documents:
- ISG Ministry of Education form for Non-Saudi Students
- Kingdom of Saudi Arabia Ministry of Education (MoE) form
- Copy of student’s valid iqama
- Copy of student’s sponsor’s valid iqama
- Copy of student’s passport
- Copy of student’s sponsor’s passport
- Leaving certificate from previous school
- Employment letter from the sponsor’s company in KSA
- Student Birth Certificate (only required for Kindergarten 1, Kindergarten 2, and Grade 1).
- Copy of student’s last report card, attested by the Ministry of Foreign Affairs and the Saudi Arabian embassy in the country where the certificate was issued
- Noor certificate from previous school (applicable to KSA local school transfers ONLY) *
* Previous school administrator must transfer student’s electronic Noor file.
Must obtain MOE approval from Riyadh prior to enrollment.
Students Transferring from an Aramco School
Students transferring from an Aramco school have different enrolment requirements and should contact the DEMS Registrar for more information.
Attestation of Report Cards
For students who are transferring from a school abroad
Report cards for the last full academic year, must be attested by the Saudi Embassy in the issuing country.
For students transferring from an In-Kingdom school
Report cards for the last full academic year, attested by the Foreign Education Department within the area in which the school is located.
Current exemptions to report attestation
Children who are USA passport holders do not need their report cards attested.
Children applying to Kindergarten 1, Kindergarten 2, and/or Grade 1 do not require their report cards to be attested.
If you have any queries regarding Ministry of Education approval, please contact the ISG Government Relations Department by email at firstname.lastname@example.org.
It is parents’ responsibility to comply with Ministry of Education requirements and, if applicable, to confirm exemption status during BOTH Application and Enrolment Stages.
Important Note : Ministry of Education requirements can change without notice. The information here is correct as of November 10, 2018.