Please read the following instructions for the application process at DEMS carefully and take note of the dates given before making an application.
We continue to accept applications for the 2019-20 Academic Year against available seats. To apply for 2019-2020, please contact the DEMS Registrar for specific instructions to proceed.
Applications for the 2020-21 academic year will open on December 1, 2019 (8 a.m. GMT+3).
STAGE 1 : INQUIRY AND/OR APPLICATION
Step 1 - Create an account (one per family) to start the application process. The site will be used to submit an application, upload documents and check on the status of each application you submit. This will not be done via multiple emails. An application begins the process to apply for an available seat at the school.
Step 2 - Upload required documentation :
- Applicant’s passport copy
- Applicant’s current year report card for 2019-20 (latest report card copy) and the last two year’s (2017-18, 2018-19) report cards (not applicable for 4 year olds)
- Iqama/ Residency visa/ Saudi national ID
- Any standardized testing if available
- Ministry of Education approval (for Saudi nationals of all ages)
- IEP (individualized education plan) if applicable
- Relevant medical and/or psychological reports - NOT vaccination records
Step 3 - The Non-Refundable Application fee (SAR 1,260 including VAT) must be paid by wire transfer and proof of payment uploaded. Banking details are listed in the "document upload area" after an application has been submitted.
PLEASE NOTE :
- The status and listing of uploaded documents etc. in the site dashboard should show you whether an application has been created successfully and is complete as per the requirements listed here or not.
- As soon as the application and documents have been reviewed by the admissions team, the status of the application will be updated and you will receive an email from the school.
- Please recognize that this takes some time. If the application and documents are complete, they have been received and the team is busy with them.
STAGE 2 : ASSESSMENTS AND DECISIONS
An invitation for an assessment will be sent to completed applications received and reviewed during December 2019 and January 2020. Assessments will be held between 8:30 a.m. - 11:30 a.m. The dates below are for planning purposes only.
2020-2021 application February assessment dates :
- February 16, 17, 18 (Kindergarten 1 : 4 years old by September 1)
- February 24, 25 (Kindergarten 2 : 5 years old by September 1)
- February 12, 13 (Grade 1)
- February 9, 10 (Grades 2-8)
Every applicant for DEMS must be assessed before they are admitted to the school. This assessment is to determine the most successful placement of the applicant. Assessments are by appointment only. Assessments are NOT a guarantee of admission. NOT all applicants will be assessed – assessments will depend on the availability of seats.
- All applications received, reviewed and assessed beginning December 2019 through February 2020 will be notified of the admissions decision starting March 31.
- Deadline for submitting applications for the first round of assessments (dates given above) is January 31.
- We will continue accepting applications through the year. Assessments and review will be based on seat availability only.
PLEASE NOTE :
Saudi law requires that all new students (except American citizens) apply for Ministry of Education approval. If the applicant is in Grade 2 or above, the applicant's current report card must be attested by the Saudi Embassy and the Ministry of Foreign Affairs in the country from which the report card is being issued. This may be hand carried with you as it will only be needed upon arrival in Saudi Arabia.
Saudi law also requires Saudi nationals (no matter what age) to apply for Ministry of Education approval directly through the MOE. Approval documents must be submitted before an assessment is scheduled.
STAGE 3 : ENROLLMENT
Once you receive an "accepted" status update, the area within the admissions portal showing required documentation to upload for enrollment will become available.
When you have reviewed these procedures, we invite you to click on the "Apply to DEMS" link at the top of the page under Related Links.