We are now accepting applications for the 2020-2021 academic year.
If you are interested in applying to the current academic year, please contact the DEMS Registrar directly at email@example.com.
DEMS welcomes applications from students of all nationalities. Students are selected based upon past school records, teacher recommendations, standardized test scores and an applicant questionnaire.
We offer places to those students whose experiences and records indicate they will succeed in the school’s academic programs. The school gives priority to applicants who have siblings already enrolled at DEMS while also considering the school’s gender mix, which helps achieve a diverse student body. Classes are created with the appropriate balance and mixture of learners.
Admission decisions are always made in the best interests of the student and the existing student population.
Stage 1: Application
1. Application. Create an online account (one per family) to start the application process. This site will be used to submit an application, upload documents and check on the status of each application you submit.
2. Documentation. Various documents must be submitted with the application, depending on the age of the child. Please refer to the Application Documents section.
3. Application fee. There is a non-refundable, non-deferrable application fee (SAR 1,260 including VAT) required with each application. This fee must be paid by wire transfer and the proof of payment uploaded. Banking details are listed in the Tuition and Fees section.
Note: The status and listing of uploaded documents etc. in the site dashboard should show you whether an application has been created successfully and is complete as per the requirements listed. As soon as the application and documents have been reviewed by the admissions team, the status of the application will be updated and you will receive an email from the school.
Stage 2: Assessment and Decisions
1. Assessment. Every applicant to DEMS must be assessed before he or she is admitted to the school This assessment is to determine whether the applicant and the school are well suited to each other. Assessments are NOT a guarantee of admission. Not all applicants will be assessed; assessments will depend on the availability of seats. Assessments will also vary with the age and grade of the student.
Note: Saudi law requires Saudi nationals (no matter what age) to apply for Ministry of Education approval directly through the MoE. Approval documents must be submitted before an assessment is scheduled.
2. Decisions. The DEMS Admissions Team carefully reviews every application. Places are offered to those applicants whose experiences and records indicate that they will succeed in our school’s academic program. Decisions are based on the best interest of the child.
Decisions will be sent at the end of March 2020 for those applications received December through February.
We will continue accepting applications through the year. Assessments will be based on seat availability only.
If you receive an offer, please note: Saudi law requires that all new students (except American citizens) apply for Ministry of Education approval. If the applicant is in Grade 2 or above, the applicant's current report card must be attested by the Saudi Embassy and the Ministry of Foreign Affairs in the country from which the report card is being issued. This may be hand carried with you as it will only be needed upon arrival in Saudi Arabia.
Stage 3: Enrollment
1. Seat Reservation Deposit. Once you receive an "accepted" status update and you accept our offer of admission, a non-refundable and non-deferrable seat deposit of SAR 5,000 must be paid to secure your child's place. This is not an additional fee as this amount is credited toward tuition.
2. New Student Enrollment Fee. There is a non-refundable New Student Enrollment Fee of SAR 10,000 (+ VAT) per student.
3. Contract. A completed Enrollment, Tuition and Fees Contract must accompany the enrollment of every student.
4. Health-Related Documents. Medical forms must be completed, signed and stamped by a medical doctor. A copy of the student's immunization record must accompany the medical forms.
5. Government Relations Documents. Ministry of Education (MoE) approval is required for most nationalities, including Saudis. American nationals are exempt.
Note: All students must receive clearance from the ISG nurses' Office, Government Relations and Finance Office prior to being fully enrolled. Students will not be permitted to attend school if these documents have not been submitted and approved.
To apply, click on the "Apply to DEMS" link.